Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Am I going to be tested on this?

At first glance, this question is reminiscent of high school and college years, it reflects a certain laziness, a desire to make it through on minimum effort without accidentally learning anything.

However, as the vivid break-outs and keynotes of LMA 2012 are muted with time and a crowded catch-up inbox, the question is strikingly efficient: sorting through noise to distill vital information is critical in a time-sensitive environment.
  • Have I followed up with new and old colleagues that I met in the halls and exhibits of the conference? 
  • Did I take any actions to insight loyalty among my clients following the inspirational keynote by James Kane?
  • Have I transcribed the notes I so busily scribbled while they are still legible?
I have not, thank you for asking. I wrote this blog post instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment