Tuesday, May 12, 2015

It's a bird! It's a plane! It's content marketing.



"Think about who you want to reach. Now write to that person." While countless anecdotes of this content marketing mantra have come to life, it isn't often they fall out of the sky and hit you.
Walking along the ridge of my typical hike today, a sudden whirring shot up 20 yards ahead toward my left. I spotted the source: a drone just climbing to the peak. As I turned around and from side to side trying to spot the pilot, the drone lost control and took a steep, erratic dive crashing into a bush about 10 yards away.
My first thought? Man, if Six Feet Under was still in production….what an excellent opening sequence! Second thought: That's gotta be a green field for some personal injury firm.
Third thought (yes, I can think that high occasionally): Great example of content marketing in action. If that drone had knocked me for a loop, what query would I use upon regaining consciousness?
"Personal Injury Drone" was my first guess and sure enough of the first page search results:
                70% are U.S. personal injury law firms
                10% are Forensic Engineering & Investigations services
                20% are publications including Risk & Insurance
Sometimes you need the answers to fall from the sky. To be safe, however, try visualizing your best client, think of a search they might perform that connects directly with the services you provide and get to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment