Saturday, November 19, 2011

Beware! Life will Mute your Muse

Ideas are rotting in so many places throughout my life- my draft folder in Outlook, down the drain with the last bit of my morning coffee, on a note abandoned in the glove compartment of my commuter car. The more I investigate this phenomenon, the more overwhelmed I am by the stench of the once ripe and abundant inspirational juices, now rank and unsalvageable.

Nike's Just Do It campaign resonates so well in moments like these. So do it. Take the next lightning flash of inspiration and sprint to the finish. Drop the errand you were about to run and the next mundane task that begs completion and heed your higher calling instead, listen and respond to your muse. Her voice grows softer with each passing second.

No comments:

Post a Comment